FAQs About Westchester County Flooring Services and Installation
FAQ for Hardwood and Vinyl Flooring
At Redi-Cut Carpets & Flooring, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the process for hardwood, vinyl, and laminate flooring in Westchester County. Our family-owned and operated business has over 30 years of knowledge and expertise under our belts. If there’s a team most qualified to answer your questions and address your concerns about the floor installation and refinishing process, it’s us. Customers have trusted us for decades to get the job done right, and we’re here to serve you. To learn more, contact a specialist on our team to schedule a free consultation.
It’s important to note that the time it takes to complete an installation depends on various factors. Discuss the matter with our professionals during your free consultation to determine an accurate installation timeline.
How Long Will My Laminate Flooring Installation Take?
Laying laminate usually takes around four hours per room if handled by a professional. However, the size of your spaces will dictate how long installation truly takes. Let us know what your square footage is during your free consultation.
How Long Will My Vinyl Flooring Installation Take?
Vinyl is among the easiest flooring to lay, but accurately measuring your spaces is vital to determining a precise installation timeline. Ideally, the process should take five hours or less to complete.
How Long Will My Hardwood Flooring Installation Take?
Laying hardwood is typically more challenging than other installation projects. However, if you hire a professional for the job, they can complete your installation between 10 and 12 hours, depending on the size of your space.
What Products Do You Carry?
We currently offer the following products:
- Laminate flooring
- Hardwood flooring
- Vinyl flooring
- Vinyl plank flooring
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring
- Laminate wood flooring
- Vinyl sheet flooring
What Type of Flooring is Right for Me?
The best way to compare and choose the right option for your floor is by evaluating price points, appearance, and general preferences and tastes.
However, thanks to innovation within the flooring world, today’s overall quality is significantly better than ever before. There’s virtually no such thing as a “bad” floor anymore. Even the lowest quality floors are a fantastic improvement from the floors of the past.
The best way to choose is by assessing your options. All floors will have pros and cons. Let’s get into them:
- Laminate Flooring: Laminate is a highly robust option that can be made to imitate hardwood. Most laminate is made from wood. Laminate is also water-resistant, but it’s not entirely Laminate is more resistant to damage than genuine wood, but it may be harder to fix when broken.
- Vinyl Flooring: Vinyl is made of %100 plastic. Though vinyl’s appearance may not be as natural as genuine wood or laminate, it is entirely waterproof and highly resistant to Vinyl can last for many years.
- Hardwood Flooring: Genuine wood flooring remains the favorite among homeowners for its authentic beauty and appealing resale However, it’s the most expensive and among the most challenging to repair after damages.
How Do I Prepare for My Installation?
Here’s what you can do to prepare for your installation as much as possible:
- Talk with Us: Our team has over 30 years of experience installing laminate, vinyl, and wood Simply put, we’ve seen it all. Never hesitate to contact us with your questions or concerns regarding your flooring services and installation. Our friendly professionals will happily provide you with the information you need regarding your installation before, during, and after the process.
- Prepare: Ensuring your space is ready for your installation is critical for your success. Some of the essential tasks you can perform for a smooth installation process include: clearing out the installation area, making a specific area to put rugs and furniture, cleaning the installation space, keeping your children and pets out of the installation area, and, if needed, moving
- Be Present: As discussed in the first point, communication is key to your flooring installation. We prefer you or another resident be present when we first arrive and when we leave. Having a resident around makes it easier to address any setbacks or obstacles during your It’s imperative to prepare for the worst while expecting the best.
When Can I Put My Furniture and Rugs Back?
After your hardwood floor refinishing is complete, we recommend waiting four days to put your furniture back and two weeks to put your rugs back. Make sure that you place your items back gently, as the final coat of finish may not be completely cured.
Redicut Carpet & Floors
- Fully Licensed & Insured
- Family Owned & Operated
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Over Three Decades of Experience